Adult All Sites

Adult All Sites 

• Feedback

• All general chat about anything not listed below
All general chat about anything not listed below
 #6531  by psilocybin
 Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:48 pm
Just some feedback:

1) Downloads are excruciatingly slow. It takes me an hour just to download 1 file sometimes. It would be so cheap to host your downloads on a CDN for members only. Downloads would be ultra fast all around the world.
2) Every single file is named video_hd. I realize the extracted files are named different, however, it makes it so difficult to know which files you have already downloaded. My browser froze up on 5 file downloads and open tabs. Now, I have to re-download a ton of content just to find out if I've already downloaded anything. Please, stop using the same zip file name.
 #6533  by CZDaveLister
 Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:04 pm
Slow? :shock: Today, 470 MB video downloaded in less than three minutes, not bad imo.

EDIT: Trying it now, still quite good.
Last edited by CZDaveLister on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #6534  by Dionysus
 Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:13 pm
I'm with CZDaveLister - I think the longest any single file has taken me to download from here is about four minutes. I've always thought that downloading from WIN was actually quite quick compared to some other similar sites myself...

The zip file naming can be slightly annoying at first, but like you said once you extract the file it's named appropriately. Not a big deal, in my opinion. I don't know why you feel you have to redownload anything though - just extract the files and see what you do and do not have and then act accordingly. I guess maybe I'm confused as to what the problem is...
 #6536  by FullFrenzy
 Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:40 am
We've had some people complain about it before. Try a download manager if you haven't yet. I will use "DownThemAll!" for FireFox sometimes. It's also good because you can choose your download rate if you so need to, or pause and continue a download at a later time.

As for the files, you can choose to name it something else as you begin your download, which can help you keep track if you need to. I personally have no issues downloading them and extracting immediately. But that's probably because I only download one at a time, or two at most, so I can be watching one while I download the others. ;)
 #6539  by admin
 Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:07 am
I appreciate your feedback but As i've said in another post, the video_hd.zip filenames are used because the database needs the filenames to be called that. To change now would mean a complete redesign of the website and database, it would be cheaper and quicker to just start a new site from fresh, but as time goes on the website will probably be redesigned and this "change" will be made then. Until then i haven't had enough complaints about the .zip extensions and I fully agree with FullFrenzy, if your downloading 1 or 2 files at a time i don't see the problem.

As for downloading speeds, unless you are completely ripping the site you shouldn't experience any "slow" download speeds, the server is set up for maximum connections at maximum speeds and there are no download limits either. I have a internet connection of 700kb/sec and i actually get a faster speed when downloading from the WIN site (which should be impossible but see screengrab), but either way I get my maximum speed available out of my line and this is faster than most other sites i've "EVER" used :)

windownloading.jpg
 #6575  by CZDaveLister
 Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:59 am
lee wrote:...the video_hd.zip filenames are used because the database needs the filenames to be called that. To change now would mean a complete redesign of the website and database...

Not necessarily, PHP can change file header before sending it to user. Check this:
http://wintest.fischerair.cz/testdownload.php?filename=video.zip - gives you file with name video.zip
http://wintest.fischerair.cz/testdownload.php?filename=annajoy-doggystyle.zip - gives you file with name annajoy-doggystyle.zip
http://wintest.fischerair.cz/testdownload.php?filename=whateveryouwant.zip - gives you file with name whateveryouwant.zip

In fact, all three links send you only one file which is located on http://wintest.fischerair.cz/archive.zip

Using header() PHP function, you can solve this "problem" easily, without renaming files or something like that.
 #6596  by CZDaveLister
 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:14 am
Ah, from what psilocybin said, I understood that the problem is when you download more videos at once, you have many files with the same name and you can't be sure about what is inside them without unpacking. I had the same problem when downloading more videos at once.
 #6601  by Dionysus
 Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:53 am
Yeah, the only reason the folder name has ever been even a slight annoyance to me is because I tend to download a clip I really enjoyed (such as today's update) after streaming it. Since I'm a bit lazy, I often don't extract the file immediately upon completion of the download so sometimes the files will build up for a week or more before I go through and extract them all; and that typically happens when I'm looking to rewatch a particular scene so finding and extracting it can take a minute or two, lol. Still, not a big concern, in my opinion.